Back to It
Well, hello there! It's been a beat since I sat down to write here. I have been in quite the whirlwind and am just starting to catch my breath! Let me do a speed round to catch you up:
- I had walking pneumonia and was sick for about seven weeks, including most of December and the first part of January
- I have been working tirelessly (quite literally) to help my son Thomas improve his sleep and this has been an issue for years (he is now sleeping about 10-11 hours a night!)
- All of January is a blur as I was preparing for my book to be released!
- Finding Your Cape was released January 23rd and instantly became a #1 Amazon Bestseller in five categories!
- I was hit with a really unexpected bout of grief once the book was out, knocking me out for a week, which was then followed by...drum roll...strep throat!
- I spent five days in bed and on the couch, diligently healing so that I would be ready to appear on CTV Vancouver to discuss my book
And, you're basically caught up! I am sitting here at the end of February, honestly feeling like New Year's was yesterday, as well as six months ago! I am happy to feel like I am emerging back into a schedule again, sitting at my desk more and having a working routine. I also feel as though I am just now realizing a new "normal". For so long I was spending any extra time writing the book or editing it. I also used to spend so much time and mind-space on my radio show. I ended my radio career, unexpectedly at the end of October, but I think it's been such a whirlwind that I am now just feeling the concept of free time!
I have been enjoying cooking a little more lately and made this super easy and delicious pasta the other night. Drool worthy!
I hope this post finds you well. I am happy to be back to somewhat of a schedule.